St Mary’s, Kidlington
(to the north east of the village)
The current St John's building was completed in 1958 after a period of ten years when church services were held in temporary accommodation. It is a multi-purpose Hall Church and it is used not only for Anglican church services but also for a range of community activities throughout the week.
St Mary’s, Hampton Poyle
(in the neighbouring village of Hampton Poyle)
St John’s is part of the Parish of Kidlington with Hampton Poyle. Its sister churches are
For more about parish-wide organisation and activities see kidhp.org.uk
In the following pages you can find out more about the congregation and community, the building and all the groups who regularly come to St John's, as well as seeing just a few photos of what goes on.
Although this is a "young" church in relative terms our history is still important to us, especially as we remember all who worked so hard to bring St John's into existence and to support and strengthen it in the past sixty years.